Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies

Friday, August 19, 2016


As you probably know, if you read my last cooking post, I am obsessed with chocolate chip cookies.  Due to my enormous sweet tooth, I have tried so many different desserts and always find myself coming back to this household favorite. Since I can't resist a good chocolate chip cookie, I am always looking for a way to make them healthier (so I feel less guilty when I scarf down 5 at a time). This is one recipe I found that tastes amazing, and is a little bit healthier than your regular store bought or break and bake cookies (it's a little hard to see the chocolate chips in this picture, but don't worry there in there. And if you are obsessed with chocolate like me, feel free to dump in some extra chocolate chips when your baking :)



The main different between these cookies and regular chocolate chip cookies is that you are using quinoa flour (which is healthier and contains protein) instead of regular flour. In addition, these cookies will have more of a biscuit taste and crumbly texture. And as you can see from the photo, they are smaller and thicker than your regular cookie.

To be completely honest, when I made these I did not follow the recipe exactly, but isn't cooking more of an art than a science? So, if you want to follow the recipe I used, just make sure to substitute the coconut oil for a stick of unsalted butter and the baking powder for baking soda. But of course feel free to follow the recipe exactly for a gluten free cookie.

To find the full details on how to make these delicious cookies, head over to my "Delish Recipes" Pinterest board, and while you're there, follow me! I post a ton of cute stuff on my Pinterest from fashion inspiration, to food recipes, to places I want to travel, and more.

My next post will be up next week, and its one I am so glad I get to share with you guys! It's going to be another travel diary, and its a place I recently posted about on my instagram. Let me know in the comments if you could figure it out!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh quinoa cookies... these sound healthy!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are and they taste really good too! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! By the way, I love your blog!

      Delete