What I packed for my trip to Europe

Monday, July 11, 2016



Packing for a trip can be stressful; especially if you are going somewhere far away, will be gone for two weeks, and have no access to a wash machine or wifi.


That will be me in just a few short days as I take my suitcase and pack up my life for two weeks of adventure in Europe.

Although I have been on trips and vacations many times, I have only gone to Europe once and I am beyond excited to be going again. During my first trip to Europe I visited Italy and Spain and the trip was overwhelming, amazing, unbelievable, hot and hectic. I am hoping that this time I am filled with the same emotions and the trip turns out even better.



But before I can go on my crazy journey through Europe, I need to figure out what to pack. So if you sometimes struggle with what to pack for two week summer vacations or trips to Europe, don't worry I got you covered.


Essentials:
1. Camera


  • At the top of my list is my digital camera. A camera is a must have for any vacation, especially a vacation where you will be in a new place. My favorite camera is my Canon G7X that I got as a graduation gift. The camera is compact, takes high quality pics, and even has a selfie screen :p Don't forget your charger.


2. Phone


  • If you are flying international, make sure to get an international plan from your phone so you can make calls, text and post all your cool photos from your vacation on social media. Don't forget a charger and I would recommend to bring a portable battery pack charger for when you are out exploring and your phone dies.


3. Money:


  • Don't forget your wallet and credit cards. Make sure to head to the bank before your trip to get any necessary cash. If you are going abroad, make sure to exchange your cash for the country's currency before you go and alert your credit card companies you will be going abroad. 

4. Purse


  • In addition to your money and wallet, don't forget to bring a purse. I recommend something small, something that has a cross body strap, and zips. Instead of a purse, you can always bring a small, and I mean small, backpack to put everything in. Backpacks can sometimes be easier to carry around in places like Europe where you will be doing a lot of walking.


5. Passport, Driver's license, Boarding Passes: really any important documents you need for your trip.


6. Glasses


  • If you where glasses or contacts, don't forget those, that could be bad. Also, make sure to bring a pair of sunglasses. I recommend two pairs: one cheap pair and one nice pair, just in case you lose one. 





7. Clothing
  • 13 outfits
  • Two dresses
  • One romper
  • One workout outfit 
  • Three pairs of pants
  • Four pairs of pajamas
  • Jackets: jean jacket, blazer, white sweater, nylon jacket
  • One bathing suit --> even if you are not going to somewhere tropical, I would always recommend bringing one of these, especially if the place is warm during the summer. 
  • Undergarments--> don't forget those, and make sure to bring extra just in case



8. Shoes--> will depend on your destination


  • One pair of flip flops
  • One pair of sneakers (walking sneakers)
  • Two pair of sandals
  • One pair of wedges
  • If you want--> another pair of closed toe shoes (vans, boat shoes, flats)


9. Mini everything


  •  And when I am talking about mini I am referring to your toiletries: bath products, hair products, and makeup products. By using travel size products, you will free up room in your suitcase from other important items. A great place to buy travel items is CVS, Sephora, and Ulta. 



10. Makeup
  • This isn't an essential for everyone, but I feel it's an essential for most people. Try and bring only what you really need, don't overpack. 


11. Any other toiletries or medicine you may need because you might not be able to buy them where you're going:


  • Vitamins
  • Hand sanitizer 
  • Advil, Alleve, Tums
  • Sunscreen 
  • Face wash
  • Hairbrush and hairties
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste 
You get the idea

12. Electric Voltage Converters: If you are going to Europe and want anything to work you will need these. These are easy to find on amazon for really cheap so I would recommend buying a few before you go.



13. Jewelry
  • Don't bring too much, and don't bring anything expensive incase you loose it or it gets stolen. 


Extras:
1. Selfie stick--> you never know when one of these will come in handy on your trip. If you don't own a camera having this is a great alternative to make your phone more functional for pictures.
2. Computer--> if you need it. I would not bring if you are going somewhere close by or somewhere tropical. But since I am going to Europe I am bringing it to download a bunch of movies for the plane and just in case my hotel's cable isn't good.
3. Candy and other snacks--> I mean who doesn't love candy and snacks. Candy or gum is also great for the plane ride to keep your ears from popping on the way down.
4. An audio book, or just a regular book--> I would highly recommend an audio book though because you won't have to lug a book around and you can listen to it on the plane without getting motion sickness. To get an audio book go to Audible.com. Audible is an amazon run audio book store where there are tons of books to choose from.
5. Hair tools--> most hotels provide you with a hairdryer, but if you are worried it won't be good or want more than just a hairdryer, bring your own.
6. Hats--> baseball caps, floppy hats, whatever you want.
7. Umbrella --> you never know when you might need one.


Stay tuned for my next post where I will tell you where I am going. Any guesses? Also if you would like to see a what's in my carry-on just let me know in the comments below :)

5 comments:

  1. Mini everything... I agree, and it all looks cute too! I've always wanted to go to Italy!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is great! You should visit one day. And yes mini products are so cute. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post ♥♥
    xoxo
    http://stylewithzeina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much of reading! Be sure to subscribe so you can keep updated with my upcoming posts!

      Delete
  3. just discovered your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete